Tuesday, 4 September 2007

I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse...


SOLD!! (Click for a clearer view)
Here is Marlon Brando as the Godfather. I have never seen the film before but, after a request to draw this portrait I have developed a new interest. Hmmm, this may have to be a must for weekend viewing. In any case - I hope I captured his character ok - I think the client was very pleased! This scan came out a little dark - but I think this may add to the effect? Comments are welcome!

8 comments:

Honor Bowden said...

Hey, this is great! I can't believe you haven't seen the movies... You've captured the don regardless.

this Just in said...

Very nice! I don't think it's too dark at all...in fact, I think that heightens the dramatic lighting!

Graham McArthur said...

Great image, Lauren. One of the toughest test in graphite is to get dark darks. Well done.

imwithsully said...

This is so cool! I've never seen the movie, but the likeness is so real!

Digital Scott's illustrationblog said...

Well done!

ValGalArt said...

Congrats and it is Incredible!

maria said...

Amazing,very good...

Natura said...

Very nice!!

Thank you for stopping by my blog :)