Tuesday, 26 June 2007

Mhina - digital chick


Click image for a closer view - is looks MUCH better that way!

Sorry I have been away for so long!!! Work has been super busy, and the last thing I want to do when I get home is use a computer - I don't even want to look at a computer!
But, here is a quick illustration done on the weekend. Another fashion icon, Mhina. I drew her about a year ago, and up until now she has just been a sketch - I have finally digitised her. I think she has turned out quite well - and while drawing her up I discovered something... the 'feather' tool in Adobe Illustrator. An awesome tool, I can't believe I have survived so long without it! Anyway - enjoy, any comments are welcome!

12 comments:

Honor Bowden said...

Very funky! (am a bit jealous of the fire too!)

imwithsully said...

I love the loook of the fireplace. I have never used the feather tool in Illustrator... I rarely use Illustrator, so Photoshop is my best friend for feathering. I love the look of Mhina. Great work! I will link to your blog on mine as soon as I get my computer back next week from the shop. Thanks for linking to me!!

steve said...

She looks wonderful! I don't know eher to begin with Illustrator myself--think I need a manual or something.

ValGalArt said...

Your art is so wonderful! I love the way you use fasion and design. This is a beautiful piece and I love the airbrushed quality!

Focus_ret said...

I really like the bold use of color in this drawing. I also like the geometric design of the basic layout of the page.

Jazzy Justin said...

cool retro fireplace!

Emila Yusof said...

Great piece, Lauren!

Vee said...

Hi Sis,

I know you are busy, but you have been tagged.

You have to read this post of mine and then follow the instructions.

In this post you will read 8 things that you may not know about me. And if you want you can do the same about you and tag 8 others all with links of course.

You really don't have to do it. But if you want to that would be great.

By the way, keep up the good work, I really like the fire in this drawing.

Digital Scott's illustrationblog said...

Hip, stylish, cool!

Erin said...

Yes! A great funky & groovey illustration! I love it!!

enigma said...

she looks great and sexy! wonderful costume!

Lauren Kate said...

Thank you all for your very kind comments!
Illustrator is one of my favourite programs - but it is hard to get used to!
Vee - I will try complete my 'tag' mission - but I don't know If I will tag anyone else - this has been going around a lot!